Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Allen's essay about dinosaur tracks in the desert

*In class we read an article about dinosaur tracks that were found clustered together in the Arizona desert. The article was called The Dinosaur Dance Floor. The students discussed why the dinosaurs might all have been in one small area together, and thought of good reasons why scientists should study those tracks.

My name is Allen. I live in a small Alaska town. We don’t have a desert in Alaska. We have rivers. Sometimes we see animal tracks in river mud. I think scientists can study the Dinosaur Dance Floor because we want to know the kind of dinosaurs they were and what they were doing there.

This is like a dance floor and it is in the desert. I would be scared to see that.

People can know what dinosaurs lived in Arizona millions of years ago. The tracks might give clues about what the climate was like. They might find out it was different.

No comments: